Nombu Adai Sweet
Recipe type: sweets
Karadaiyan Nombu is a traditional fasting festival of the Tamil Brahmins in which the married women pray for the well being and long life of her husband. It is celebrated during the trasition of tamil months Maasi and Panguni. A special dish made during this karadaiyan nombu is called the karadai. Here is the sweet version of the karadaiyan nombu adai
- Rice Flour (Roasted) - 1 cup
- Jaggery (Grated) - 1 cup
- Coconut (Grated) - ½ cup
- Red Chowli (Roasted and Cooked) - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder
- Water - 1.5 cup
- In a kadai pour water, add jaggery, melt it and if any foreign particles are there strain and remove it.
- Add the rice flour in it, the cooked red chowli, cardamom powder, grated coconut and keep it on stove.
- Cook the same till you get a nice pliable dough. Remove and cool.
- Make small balls and flatten the same and place it on plantain leaf. Make a hole in the middle.
- Steam it for 15 minutes. Nombu adai is ready, serve with home made white butter.
- You should be careful while using the water as some rice absorbs only one cup, some 1½ cup to two.