Tea Rusk – Perfect for Dipping!
Recipe type: Tips
All of us have some nice warm memories of dipping rusks in our tea on rainy days and the satisfaction that goes along with that homely feeling, mmmm! Then wanting to recreate that ever so often and getting a sticker-shock at the store. Yes, it can get expensive! But, ever thought about making it at home? Well, we have the recipe, it’s so simple and easy and let’s not forget, so inexpensive!
- Buttery Spread or Butter
- Half the buns horizontally.
- Spread a thin coat of butter or buttery spread on the inside.
- Sprinkle some sugar over the butter.
- Cut into strips.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit/ 135 degrees Centigrade.
- Lay the Bun strips on the baking sheet, butter side up.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- If there is more than one tray, 30 minutes into the cooking, swap the trays to ensure even cooking.
- Allow them to cook till they well done and dry.
- Once out of the oven, allow them to cool down to room temperature.
- Store in an air-tight container.