Aloo mint fry
Recipe type: veg recipes
Aloo Mint is excellent based wholesome meal made with the popular wonder herbs of Indian cuisine, pudina (mint) and kothmir (cilantro or coriander) combined and cooked with aromatic Aloo Mint. This is extremely a light, aromatic and immensely flavourful curry that calls for just a handful of ingredients.The mint and cilantro flavour is subtly infused in the rice without being overpowering.
- Urid Dhal 1 Teaspoons
- Channa Dhal 1 Tablespoons
- Mint Leaves (washed) 1 Cup
- Curry Leaves little
- Salt To Taste, Oil To Fry
- Dhania Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Chili Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder, Jeera Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Spring Onions 3
- Potato - Peeled And Cubed Small ½ Lbs
- Garlic- Finely Chopped 3
- Peanuts, White Sesame Seeds 1 Tablespoons
- Mustard, Jeera For Temperting
- Lemon Juice
- ) heat kadai and dry roast the channa dhaal until hey turn little brown
- ) Add little jeera and keep stirring
- ) now add the sesame seeds and peanuts followed by mint.
- ) roast them until all ingredients are dry. Grind with some salt and keep aside.
- ) heat oil in kadai, and splutter the jeera, urid dhaal and mustard seeds
- ) Add the curry leave and the spring onions, fry well.follow with garlic. fry until brown.
- ) Add the potato cubes and fry until coated with oil on all sides.
- ) Add required spices, chili, turmeric, dhania powder.
- ) once the masala is coated well ove rthe alloo, sprinkle some water and close the kadai. Allow to cook for 5-7 mins
- ) Remove lid allow the water to evaporate and let the aloo start getting little brown
- ) Now add the ground mint powder accordingl to taste and colour. Check salt add more if required. Remove from heat, squeeze lemon and serve hot.