Aloo (Potatoes) and Green Beans Subzi Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
It is always comforting to find vegetables that are not seasonal and you can count on them to be there when you need them. Potatoes and Green Beans are two of those trusted veggies that when paired together, something delicious comes out. Next time you can’t think of anything to make, try this quick and easy recipe for Aloo and Green Beans subzi that is sure to become a staple “go to” recipe in your household.
- Green Beans – 1 lb (approx ½ Kg), cut into 1″ pieces
- Potatoes – 3 small, cubed 1″ pieces
- Oil – 1.5 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – ⅛ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – to taste
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Heat Oil in a pan on medium heat and add Cumin Seeds. Allow them to sizzle.
- Add Asafoetida, Turmeric Powder, Green Beans and Potatoes. Mix well to evenly coat oil.
- Add Salt, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Red Chili Powder and Garam Masala. Mix well.
- Cover and cook until potatoes and green beans are tender, stirring in-between.
- Serve with chapati or roti.