Recipe type: Curries
Amba dal is made from mashed channa dal mixed with raw, grated mango and fresh coconut tempered with mustard and green chillies. Amba dal is also known as Ambe dal or Ambyachi dal in Marathi. This is a very popular dal especially made with raw mangoes which has an amazing sour taste that complements well with the dal.
- Sugar Pinch
- Salt To Taste
- Green Chillies, Crushed 2-3 Numbers
- Curry Leaves few Leaf
- Turmeric Powder ¼ Teaspoons
- Hing (asafoetida) Pinch
- Mustard Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Channa Dal, Coarsely Ground 1 Cup
- Raw Mango, Grated 3 Tablespoons
- Fresh Grated Coconut 1 Tablespoons
- Coriander Leaves, Chopped 1 Bunch
- Take Channa dal and soak in water for few hours and later grind it to a coarse paste. Heat oil in a pan and when the oil gets hot.
- add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start crackling, add pinch of hing, turmeric, curry leaves and crushed green chillies.
- Add 1 cup coarsely ground channa dal and mix well.
- Add salt, pinch of sugar and mix well. Add grated raw mango and fresh coconut grated and mix all the ingredients well. As soon as you
- add grated mango and coconut, switch off the flame and sauté well. Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves.