Ash Gourd Pumpkin Coconut Stew Kerala Olan curry
Recipe type: Curries
Kerala Olan curry or Ash Gourd Pumpkin Coconut Stew is made with ash gourd mildly spiced cooked in coconut milk.
- Cow Peas 50 Grams
- Coconut Oil 1 Tablespoons
- Curry Leaves 2 Springs
- Salt To Taste
- Green Chilly 3 Numbers
- Pumpkin 100 Grams
- Ash Gourd 150 Grams
- Coconut Milk 1 Cup
- Rice Flour (optional) 1 Tablespoons
- Peel and chop both ash gourd and pumpkin into medium sized pieces.
- Boil the water in a pan add ash gourd and pumpkin pieces, green chilly, salt, boil till tender, in this add 50% boiled cow peas put the lid on cook for 10 minutes,
- after that add curry leaves, coconut oil put the lid on and cook for 3 to 4 minutes in a slow flame In this
- add coconut milk bring it to boil and switch off the flame.
- And add rice flour for thickening.