Recipe type: Curries
Capsicum dal is an innovative lentil recipe with chopped capsicum added to dal. This unique dal recipe is best served with tandoori roti or naans.
- 100 gms moong dal (split green gram)
- 2 capsicums
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- few green chillies
- For Seasoning
- mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- cumin seeds (jeera)
- red chillies
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- Boil moong dal and keep it aside.
- Cut capsicum,tomatoes and onions.
- Heat some oil in a kadai and add rai,jeera,red chillies and hing to it.
- Add onions and fry them for a few minutes.add capsicum and fry for some more time.now add tomatoes and moong dal. let it boil for about 7-10 mins. hot and spicy capsicum dal is ready