Carrot Methi Subzi ( Delicious Diabetic Recipe)
Recipe type: Curries
This is a great combination of textures and fragrant, spicy flavours that has the added advantage of being quick to make. Enriched with vitamin a, iron and fibre, it is nutritious too. Paneer khulchas, are a perfect accompaniment to this dish. Alternatively, just serve the subzi with hot phulkas.
- 2 cups carrot cubes
- 2 cups chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 3 to 4 green chillies , finely chopped
- 1 large cloves of garlic (lehsun) , finely chopped
- 12 ginger (adrak) , finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onion, green chillies, garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and 1 cup of water and stir.
- Cover and cook over a slow flame till all the moisture has evaporated and the carrots are tender.
- Serve hot, with the paneer khulchas.