Cauliflower Bhanolu ( Microwave Recipe)
Recipe type: Curries
Get wind of a gujarati secret that is passed on from grandma’s memory. A mildly flavoured snack, cauliflower bhanolu uses coconut milk as the primary ingredient.
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 6 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1¼ cups finely chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 3¼ tsp oil for greasing and tempering
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- Combine the coconut milk and besan in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Add the cauliflower, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, lemon juice and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6”) diameter microwave safe baking dish using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour the batter in it and tilt it clockwise to spread the batter evenly. Keep aside.
- Put the remaining 3 tsp of oil for the tempering in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida and microwave on high for 1 minute. Pour the tempering on the batter in the baking dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Uncover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and serve immediately.