Corn Capsicum Masala
Recipe type: Curries
To reduce the calories, reduce the mawa and cream. use a little milk instead
- 300 gms sweet corn (makai ke dane)
- 3 medium sized capsicums, cut into cubes
- 3 medium sized onions, chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (dhania) leaves
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ cup fresh cream (optional)
- ½ cup mava (khoya)
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- boil the corn in water, once cooked drain water and keep aside.
- heat oil in a kadhai. add cumin seeds, when it starts crackling, add chopped onions and cook till golden brown.
- add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.then add red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. stir fry for a minute.
- add chopped tomatoes and cook till oil leaves the masala, continuously keep stirring.
- add mawa and half cup of water and mix and cook for a minute.
- add diced capsicum and mix well. finally add boiled corn, garam masala powder and salt. mix and cook on low fire for 4-5 minutes.
- stir in cream and chopped coriander and serve hot.