Crispy Bhindi with Khuskhus
Recipe type: Curries
It is simple yet delicious recipe.
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 2 tbsp peanuts , coarsely crushed
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 250 gms ladies finger (bhindi) , cut into juliennes
- 2 tbsp crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
- ⅛ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- coriander (dhania) for garnishing
- Heat a kadhai and dry roast the khuskhus and peanuts for few seconds, cool and blend into a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the khuskhus- peanut powder ,red chilli powder,turmeric, coriander powder, salt,dry mango powder and ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
- In a deep bowl combine the ladies finger with the prepared masala and toss well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds cracklr, add the ladies finger and cook on a medium flame till the ladies finger becomes crispy.
- Add the paneer and garam masala and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.