Recipe type: Curries
Another popular Gujarati subzi, this ensures that you can place something interesting at the dinner table even when fresh vegetables are not available. Most households have ganthia in their pantry—even otherwise, it is readily available in stores these days. Ganthia subzi tastes great, can be prepared in just a jiffy with least effort.
- 1½ cups readymade ganthia
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ¾ cup fresh curds (dahi)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Just before serving, add the ganthia, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.