Sev Tameta Nu Shaak Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
A quick but delectable preparation of tomatoes tempered with cumin seeds and ginger, served with sev. Sev is a deep-fried, vermicelli-like snack made with gram flour. It is so common that it is found in almost all stores, right from the street vendors to the large supermarkets! All in all, this is a no-fuss recipe! Note that the tomatoes can be cooked earlier, but the sev should be added just before serving so that it remains fresh and crisp. Serve this quick subzi with rotlis.
- 1½ cups sev , readily available
- 2¼ cups tomato cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ½ tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1½ tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- For Serving
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and ginger.
- When the seeds crackle, add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and simmer for 8 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, add the sev and mix well.
- Serve immediately with rotlis.