Recipe type: Curries
Horse gram dal recipe is a healthy recipe as it has rich amount of proteins, vitamins and iron which help in reducing weight.
- Black horse gram - 1 cup.
- • Chopped onion - 1 cup.
- • Tomatoes - 2 no.
- • Green chilies - 1 no.
- • Finely chopped ginger - 1 tablespoon.
- • Finely chopped garlic - 1 tablespoon.
- • Oil - 3 tablespoons.
- • Red chili powder - 1 tablespoon.
- • Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon.
- • Salt - to taste.
- • Water - 1-2 cup.
- Soak the horse gram overnight and boil until the dal is mashed.
- Take a pan, add oil, cumin seeds, garlic, ginger and saute it.
- Then add chopped onions, salt and saute it till onions are tender.
- Add green chilies (cut), tomatoes, coriander powder, red chili powder in the same pan and mix it well.
- Then add horse gram, water and mix it thoroughly and cook it for about 4 minutes.
- Now garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot rice.