Makai Korma ( Microwave Recipe)
Recipe type: Curries
You will be pleasantly surprised to note that makai korma, a preparation of fresh grated corn in traditional coconut gravy, can be made in 7 minutes using the microwave!
- To Be Ground Into A Paste
- 4 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 6 peppercorns (kalimirch)
- Other Ingredients
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 cup grated fresh yellow corn (makai ke dane)
- ¾ cup milk combined with 1 tsp plain flour (maida)
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Pour the ghee in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the mustard seeds and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, milk-flour mixture, prepared paste, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.