Matar Mushroom Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
a semi dry delicious vegetable dish made with peas and mushroom. i have already posted the recipes of mushroom matar curry recipe made in south indian style before. this recipe is more north indian style and also home style. usually i make matar mushroom this way. apart from this easy dish, i also make curry/gravy recipes with mushroom like kadai mushroom, palak mushroom, methi mushroom, chilli mushroom and so on. you can replace mushroom with paneer or cottage cheese. mushroom and paneer goes well with most veggies and are often used to make rich curry dishes for vegetarians. in many recipes you can easily replace mushroom with paneer and vice versa. this is one such recipe. if adding paneer, then just add them towards the end, once the peas are cooked and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- turmeric, red chili and coriander powder
- garam masala powder
- heat oil in a pan or kadai. add the finely chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- add crushed ginger-garlic or ginger-garlic paste. saute till the raw aroma disappears.
- add the chopped tomatoes and green chilies. stir.
- add the spice powders – turmeric, red chili and coriander powder.
- stir and saute till oil starts to leave the sides of the onion-tomato masala mixture.
- add the chopped mushrooms and peas/matar.
- stir and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- then add water and salt. cover the pan with a lid and cook till the peas are softened. please check point no 7 and notes section in the recipe details for more info on the quality of peas and amount of water to be added.
- once done, sprinkle garam masala powder.
- stir and serve matar mushroom hot with rotis, naan, parathas or chapatis.