Vegetable Stew Recipe
Recipe type: veg-recipes
on some days when i don’t make dosa, i end up making our favorite breakfast appam and kerala style vegetable stew. i had taken these pics many months ago and did not update the recipe. reason being the size of the pics.
- heat coconut oil.
- the whole & crushed spices – cinnamon,
- cardamom and black pepper.
- ginger, garlic,
- green chilies,
- sliced onions and curry leaves.
- heat coconut oil. add the whole & crushed spices – cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and black pepper. fry them till fragrant. then add the ginger, garlic, green chilies, sliced onions and curry leaves. saute till the onions become translucent. don’t brown the onions.
- add the chopped veggies and stir well.
- add thin coconut milk or water. cover the pan and cook the veggies.
- the veggies should be cooked till they are tender and done.
- add the thick coconut milk. stir well and simmer for just half a minute.
- serve kerala vegetable stew with appams or steamed rice.