Recipe type: Curries
The mongolian stir-fry is really a riot of colours with veggies like broccoli, baby corn, cubed capsicums and red cabbage. There is also a brilliant interplay of flavours, thanks to the chilli and soya sauces.
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup baby corn , sliced
- ¼ cup capsicum cubes (yellow or red or green)
- ¼ cup red cabbage , roughly chopped
- ¼ cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
- 1 cup spinach (palak) leaves , torn
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- 2 garlic (lehsun) cloves , chopped
- ½ tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp butter
- salt and to taste
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the sesame seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and ginger and fry for a while.
- Add the broccoli, baby corn and 3 tablespoons of water and simmer till they become tender.
- Increase the flame, add the capsicum, red cabbage, paneer and spinach leaves and stir fry for some time.
- Finally, add the hoisin sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot.