Oriental Soya and Babycorn Stir-fry
Recipe type: Curries
Stir-fries are always on top of my list, when it comes to healthy cooking, to monitor the amount of fat used. I have chosen soya nuggets because of their decreasing nature of LDL (bad) cholesterol and baby corn to give the needed crunch without any amount of fat.
- ¼ cup soya chunks (nuggets)
- ½ cup mushrooms (khumbh), sliced
- ½ cup baby corn, sliced and parboiled
- ¼ cup capsicum cubes
- ¼ cup chopped spring onions whites
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato chilli sauce
- ½ cup chopped spring onion greens
- 1 tsp oil
- a pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- Soak the soya nuggets in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and garlic and cook over high flame till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the mushrooms and cook till they are partially cooked.
- Add the soya nuggets, babycorn, capsicum and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, tomato-chilli sauce, sugar and salt and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the spring onion greens and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.