Paneer, Mushroom and Cashew Stir Fry
Recipe type: Curries
A colourful and delectable vegetable fiesta with cashewnuts and pepper.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- ½ cup red capsicum cubes
- ½ cup yellow capsicum cubes
- ½ cup green capsicum cubes
- ½ cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- 1 cup thickly sliced mushrooms (khumbh)
- ½ cup chopped spring onions whites
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onion greens
- ½ cup broken cashewnuts (kaju)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the garlic, ginger, celery and cashewnuts and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the red capsicum, yellow capsicum, green capsicum, paneer, mushrooms, spring onion whites, spring onion greens and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the soya sauce, salt and pepper and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.