Paneer Koftas In Palak Gravy ( Microwave Recipe)
Recipe type: Curries
In colour and taste, paneer and palak complement each other in this traditional preparation of paneer dumplings dipped in palak gravy. The gravy can be made in advance, but make the koftas just before serving to maintain their softness.
- 1 cup grated fresh paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 1½ tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 pinches of baking soda
- salt to taste
- To Be Ground Into A Paste For The Spinach Gravy
- 1 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp chopped cashewnuts (kaju)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 4 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 2 green chillies
- 25 mm (1”) ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp aniseeds (vilayati saunf)
- 2 tbsp water
- For The Spinach Gravy
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach (palak)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup fresh curds (dahi) combined with 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt to taste
- For the koftas:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into a round ball.
- Arrange the balls on a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- For the spinach gravy:
- Combine the spinach with 2 tbsp of water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Blend the blanched spinach along with ¼ cup of water in a mixer and keep aside.
- Combine the ghee and oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the curds and cornflour mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach purée, ground paste, sugar, milk and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Just before serving, add the prepared koftas to the spinach gravy, mix gently and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.