Paneer and Vegetables in Khus Khus Gravy
Recipe type: Curries
An assortment of vegetables in luxurious white gravy – an unbeatable recipe from the punjabi khazana!
- ½ cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
- 1 cup boiled mixed vegetables
- (carrots , french beans , cauliflower and green peas)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 1 tbsp broken cashewnuts (kaju)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- salt to taste
- a pinch of garam masala
- To Be Ground To A Smooth Onion Paste (using A Little Water)
- ½ cup roughly chopped onions
- 2 green chillies , roughly chopped
- 12 mm (1/2") piece of ginger (adrak)
- 3 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- For Serving
- Combine the poppy seeds, cashewnuts and ¼ cup of milk in a big bowl, mix well and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
- Once soaked, blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, add the milk, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onion paste and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mixed vegetables and paneer pieces and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine the poppy seed paste with the remaining 1 cup of milk, mix well and add it to the vegetables.
- Add the salt, mix well add the fresh cream and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.