Peanut Mango Chutney
Recipe type: Pickles
Oil is tempered with mustard seeds and dried red chiles. Peanuts are roasted and ground into paste along with chopped mango and the tempering. Mango gives the peanut chutney a distinct flavor and aroma. Serve peanut mango chutney with idli, dosa, vada etc…
- Roasted Peanuts ½ Cup
- Raw Mango 1 Small
- Whole Red Chiles 3 – 4
- Mustard Seeds ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds 3
- Asafoetida a Big Pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tsp
- Peel and roughly chop the mango. (around 1 Cup)
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let the seeds start to crackle.
- Now add fenugreek seeds, broken red chiles and asafoetida.
- Stir well and remove from heat.
- Let the oil come to room temperature.
- Remove all the tempering into a blender and grind it into fine powder.
- Then stir in roasted peanuts and grind again into fine powder.
- Finally add chopped mango, a cup of water and salt.
- Grind everything into fine paste and remove onto a bowl.
- Serve peanut mango chutney with idly or dosa etc…
Make sure to roast the peanuts on a low flame without oil. Suggestions: If the chutney is too sour, stir in more roasted peanuts and grind again into fine paste. If the chutney is not sour enough, add few drops of lemon juice.