Recipe type: Pickles
Allam Pachadi taken as a variety with Pesarattu, Idli, Dosa etc. Can be tried with curd rice as a novelty.A famous Andra recipe know for its yummy taste.
- 1 6-inches piece ginger (adrak), chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp grated jaggery (gur) or brown sugar (according to desire)
- 1 big lemon size tamarind (imli) (soaked in half a cup of water)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 1 tbsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- ¼ tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add black gram, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds. as mustard starts spluttering, put in red chillies broken into pieces.
- Switch off the stove when golden brown and allow it to cool.
- Grind to a fine paste with all the ingredients.