Potato Stew – A dish from Kerala
Recipe type: Curries
The simplicity of this dish and the wholesome flavor of the potatoes is just a beautiful combination. Potato Stew is a dish that kids take to very easily. It goes great with Rice, Appams, Idli or Dosa. Enjoy this great dish from the State of Kerala!
- Potatoes – 2, med. boiled & peeled
- Water – 13 oz (same amount as the coconut milk)
- Onion – ¼ med., sliced
- Green Chillies – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger – ½ tbsp, grated
- Coconut Milk – 13.5 oz can
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Coconut Oil – ½ tbsp
- In a pan, add in the Water, Lighty mashed Potatoes, Salt, Onions and the Green Chillies.
- Heat the pan on medium heat, covered and bring to boil.
- Once it has come to a boil, uncover and add in the ginger and the Coconut Milk.
- Mix well and allow it to come to another boil.
- After that add in the Curry Leaves, drizzle the Coconut Oil.
- Cover and let it rest of a couple of minutes. This allows the aroma and the flavor to seep in.
- Optional – Sprinkle Black Pepper at the time of serving.