Raw Banana Errisery
Recipe type: Curries
Cutting down the quantity of coconut in this South Indian delicacy makes it healthier, even while retaining its original flavour and taste.
- 3 raw bananas (plantians)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 4 whole dry red chillies
- 12 to 14 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Peel the bananas and cut into cubes.
- In a pan, add the bananas, ¼ cup water, turmeric powder and salt and allow it to cook till bananas are tender and the water dries up. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and urad dal and allow them to crackle.
- Add the dry red chillies and curry leaves and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked bananas and coconut and mix well. Cook over a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.