Soya Chunks Veg. Masala
Recipe type: Curries
Very mouthwatering veg masala with soya chunks.Try and add your comments.
- 1 cup soya chunks
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables(potato, carrots, beans, green peas, caulifower florets,etc)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cup coconut paste with 1 tsp fennel seeds, 3 garlic cloves, 4 green chillies
- 1 tbsp refined oil
- 2 tsp salt
- few chopped curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves
- 2 cups water
- Soak 1 cup of soya chunks in hot water for 15 mins.Then drain the water completely.Squeeze the water out of the soya chunks with your hand.Then pour cold water on it and soak for 5 mins.Then drain the water and squeeze the water.
- Heat a kadai and pour refined oil and add cumin seeds, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes,curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- Fry the vegetables until the tomato begins to melt and oil separates from the mixture.
- Now add soya chunks with enough water and salt.
- When the vegetables are half-cooked, add coconut paste to the masala. Also add chilli powder and mix well.
- Let the gravy simmer well till oil separates from the masala.