Stir-fried Greens In Spicy Garlic Sauce
Recipe type: Curries
A crisp vegetable fiesta in a spicy , traditionally chinese garlic sauce.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ cup blanched broccoli florets
- 10 french beans , blanched
- ½ cup blanched zucchini
- ½ cup pak choi
- 4 to 5 blanched asparagus ,
- ½ cup green capsicum cubes
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour dissolved in ½ cup water
- a pinch of sugar (optional)
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high flame, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the broccoli, french beans, zucchini, pakchoi, asparagus, green capsicum and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and soya sauce and stir-fry for a couple of more minutes.
- Add the cornflour mixture, sugar and salt and cook for a few minutes so the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.