Tangy Gobi Masala
Recipe type: Curries
This is a favorite of one and all. There are a lot of variations to this dish. The one that i have shown here is a very basic one. This dish can be made very quickly and requires very less oil so undoubtedly healthy and very nutritious.
- 350 gms cauliflower , boiled and cut into florets
- 2-3 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped capsicum
- 2 chopped onions
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 2 to whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 2 to 3 slit green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice or dried mango powder (amchur)
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds,mustard seeds and fennel seeds and let it crackle.
- Add ½ tsp of hing.
- Add the dry red chilli and let it fry for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and cook till the onions are golden brown.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and the green chilli and saute for 2 minutes till the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and mix well till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stir well so that the whole masala is mixed with the florets.
- Add salt, lemon juice or amchoor powder and mix well.
- Add the sugar and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Cover the pan or wok with a lid and let it cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Serve with rotis or rice.