Thai Green Curry
Recipe type: Curries
An aromatic green curry made with paneer and an assortment of vegetables. The coconut milk enhances the Thai characteristics of this dish.
- 2½ cups coconut milk
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup capsicum cubes
- ½ cup sliced baby corn
- 1 cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- For green curry paste
- 1 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 5 green chillies
- ¼ cup lemongrass (hare chai ki patti)
- ¼ tsp dried ginger (soonth) powder
- Other ingredients
- oil for deep-frying
- Steamed Rice to serve
- For the green curry paste
- Blend lemon grass leaves with ¼ cup of water. Strain, discard the lemon grass and keep the water aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and blend using the reserved lemon grass water. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Parboil the peas, cauliflower, capsicum and baby corn in salted hot water and keep aside.
- Deep-fry the paneer in hot oil. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the green curry paste and fry for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk.
- Add the vegetables, paneer, sugar and salt and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.