Thai Mushroom Curry
Recipe type: Curries
This paste can be frozen and used when needed
- 500 gms mushrooms (khumbh)
- 1 tin coconut milk (or cream coconut mixed with water)
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic (lehsun)
- a piece of ginger (adrak)
- 2 sticks of lemongrass (hare chai ki patti) (only the bottom half)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- salt, sugar and lemon juice to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Put chopped lemon grass, onion, garlic, ginger, tomato puree, salt, sugar and lime juice in a bleander and mix to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in pan and add the above paste, cooking on low heat for 5-9 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, and cook until hot.
- Add the coconut milk, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot sprinkled with coriander leaves and zest of lime.