Recipe type: kids
Rich in Iron & Zinc Whole wheat hot dog rolls combine with soya granules and vegetables to make healthy submarines that will disappear in a flash!
- 6 hot dog rolls, (brown bread, lightly buttered)
- ¼ cup soya granules
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 1 cup chopped and boiled mixed vegetables
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp butter
- salt and freshly crushed pepper to taste
- black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- For the topping
- 2 tsp cooking cheese
- Slit each roll horizontally and toast lightly in a pre-heated oven or on a tava (griddle) for about 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Soak the soya granules in salted hot water for about 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the corn flour in the milk and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the chilli flakes, boiled vegetables, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the soya granules, tomato ketchup, milk-corn flour mixture and mix again. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Stuff each roll with a little of the prepared filling.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and grill in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.