Mutton Kofta Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Mutton Kofta recipe using our easy to make homemade Mutton Kofta recipes. Try this homemade Mutton Kofta cooking recipe at your home.
- ½ kg mutton - finely minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chana - roasted, grounded & sieved
- 2 tsp coriander - chopped
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds - soaked in water
- 15-20 garlic pods
- 1½ inch piece of ginger
- 4 onions - finely sliced
- 4 tomatoes - skinned & pureed
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt - to taste
- 1½ cups yoghurt - whipped
- 1 cup oil
- 2 black cardamoms
- 1 tsp whole pepper
- 5-6 cloves
- 5 green cardamoms
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- Grind the garlic, ginger and the poppy seeds together. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions to it. Fry till they turn brown in colour. Add little water to it and stir.
- In another pan mix the whole spices and a cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- In the onion mixture add the ginger-garlic paste and the poppy seeds mixture and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Add the chopped tomatoes and stir.
- In the meantime, mix the egg, chana powder, coriander leaves and the mutton mince with salt.
- Grease hands with little oil and make small koftas and keep aside. Add them to the onion mixture. Strain the water from the whole spices and add to the koftas. Bring it to a boil.
- Cook for about five minutes and then add yogurt. Reduce the heat and cook for about 45 minutes.