Bombay Curry Soup
Recipe type: soups
A spicy soup for the cold and wet days.
- ¾ cup masoor dal (split red lentil)
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic (lehsun), crushed
- ½ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- To serve
- lemon slices
- ¼ cup Steamed Rice
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time.
- Add the crushed garlic and chilli and curry powders. Fry again until it gives a nice aroma.
- Add 6 teacups of water, the tomatoes and the washed masoor dal and cook in a pressure cooker.
- When cooked, pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Boil for 15 minutes. Add salt.
- Serve hot with cooked rice and slices of lemon.