Broccoli and Almond Soup ( Microwave Recipe )
Recipe type: soups
Whether you compare them on the basis of flavour, colour or texture, broccoli and almonds make a rare but winning combination! now, i wouldn’t say this is easy or quick, but the result is definitely worth the time and effort. Ask for flavour, and you can enjoy the best of both broccoli and almonds, further enhanced by the onions. Ask for aroma, and that of celery is unbeatable. Ask for texture, and the crunchiness of the almonds is sure to satisfy your wish. Ask for compliments, and you will get a lot of it from your guests without having to ask!
- ½ cup broccoli stalks
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery stems (ajmoda)
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 cup milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- 3 tbsp sliced toasted almonds (badam)
- For The Garnish
- 4 tbsp fresh cream
- Combine the broccoli stalks and 2½ cups of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in between after 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, onions, celery and garlic, mix well and microwave on high for 12 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend it in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer it to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, salt, pepper and almonds and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in between after 2½ minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with cream.