Broccoli Broth ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
Recipe type: soups
Full of flavour and colour, this broccoli broth is best to build up your immunity with its high vitamin c content. It also helps to absorb iron form the soup.
- 1 cup broccoli , cut into small florets
- 1 tsp oil or olive oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced onions
- ½ tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 1 tbsp alphabet pasta
- salt and to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, salt and 2½ cups of hot water and simmer till the pasta is cooked (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot.