Spicy Bean and Tomato Soup
Recipe type: soups
The ever-popular tomato soup enriched with protein and iron rich rajma giving strength to your hair.
- 1 cup cooked rajma (kidney beans)
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- For the garnish
- 4 springs of basil
- Heat the oil, add the onions and garlic and cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and chilli powder and cook for few minutes.
- Add 3 cups water and simmer till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Blend the mixture in a liquidiser. Strain.
- Add the rajma, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot garnished with sprigs of basil.