Vegetable Tortilla Soup ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
Recipe type: soups
Wow, that’s a lot of ingredients in one recipe! but do not let that intimidate you. The more of these vegetables you include in this recipe, the more nutritious it is. In fact, you can just make use of whatever vegetables you have readily at home!
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp sliced carrots
- 2 tbsp boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- ¼ cup boiled rajma
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- For Serving
- 4 tbsp crushed tortilla chips
- 8 tsp grated processed cheese
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, celery and spring onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes over a medium flame, while stirring continuously.
- Add the vegetable stock, carrots, corn, rajma, salt, cumin seeds powder, red chilli flakes and coriander, mix well and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the tortilla chips and cheese and mix gently.
- Serve hot.