Whey Soup ( Calcium Rich Recipe )
Recipe type: soups
Don’t discard the whey the next time you make paneer. This liquid is a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals. A soup make from whey with chunks of calcium-laden paneer will make a light, yet energy-giving soup. Try it!
- 2 tsp oil
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 green chillies , slit green chillies
- 3 cups whey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- ½ cup paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into 12 mm ( ½”) cubes
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, whey, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the paneer and coriander, mix well and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Serve hot.