Alfa Sprouts, Tomatoes and Basil Sandwich
Recipe type: Snacks
Alfa alfa is a very healthy herb often used in home remedies for digestive disorders, cholesterol, diabetes, etc. Here is an interesting way to prepare a sandwich out of this healthy herb, combined with tomatoes and basil. Remember to use tender alfa alfa sprouts for the alfa sprouts, tomatoes and basil sandwich, as more mature ones are coarse and not so tasty.
- For The Stuffing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp finely chopped basil
- 4 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp alfa-alfa sprout sprouts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 8 whole wheat bread slices
- 2 tbsp butter mixed with 2 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) paste
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- For the stuffing
- Combine the mayonnaise, basil, tomatoes, alfaalfa sprouts, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply little prepared butter-mustard paste.
- Place 1 lettuce on 1 bread slice, put 1 portion of the prepared stuffing and cover with another bread slice with the buttered-mustard side facing downwards.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Cut into triangles and serve immediately.