Cabbage Stuffed Capsicums
Recipe type: Snacks
An elegant snack of capsicums filled with a cabbage and Bengal gram flour mixture.
- For the filling
- ½ cup grated cabbage
- ½ cup besan (Bengal gram flour)
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp citric acid (nimbu ka phool)
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- ¾ tsp fruit salt
- salt to taste
- For the tempering
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium sized capsicums
- oil for greasing
- How to proceed
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the mustard seeds and when they crackle,add the sesame seeds and asafoetida.
- Add the capsicum pieces and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, till they brown lightly.
- Serve hot.
- Cut thecapsicum into halves vertically. Remove the seeds carefully so as to retain the shape of the halves.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling except the fruit salt in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of water.
- Add the fruit salt with 1 teaspoon of water and mix gently.
- Fill each capsicum half with the filling.
- Place the capsicum halves in a greased glass bowl. Cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Allow the capsicums to cool. Cut each capsicum half into thick strips.