Carrot And Cashew Payasam
Recipe type: Snacks
Perhaps the healthiest of payasam recipes, this is an interesting way to give your family a vitamin a rich health boost!
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ¾ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup cashewnuts (kaju) , soaked in 1 cup warm milk for ½ hour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Boil the milk in a heavy-bottomed vessel till it is reduced to ¾ of its quantity, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the cashewnuts and keep the milk aside.
- Combine the carrots and cashewnuts and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Add the prepared paste, sugar and the milk kept aside to the boiled milk and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well. Cool completely and refrigerate at least for 2 hours. Serve chilled.