Carrot and Green Peas Sandwich ( Sandwiches )
Recipe type: Snacks
Carrot and green peas is a combination that you will immediately think of when preparing a curry, but in a sandwich? bound up with a little cheese spread and grated paneer, these two vegetables make the sandwich tasty and colourful. It is surprising how a small dose of green chillies adds zing to the carrot and green peas sandwich.
- 8 brown bread slices , lightly buttered
- ¾ cup par-boiled and finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup boiled and slightly mashed , green peas
- ½ cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- ¼ cup garlic (lehsun) flavoured cheese spread
- ¼ tsp finely chopped green chillies
- salt to taste
- Combine the carrots, peas, paneer, cheese spread and green chillies. Divide into 4 portions and keep aside.
- Spread a portion of the filling on a slice of bread. Top with another slice of bread.
- Repeat step 2 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.