Asian greens with coconut milk
Recipe type: Entree
This aromatic Thai side combines fresh Asian greens with coconut and lime, and takes only 15 minutes to make!
- 1 bunch choy sum, washed
- 1 bunch pak choy, washed
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, halved
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 410g can baby corn, halved lengthways
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Separate stems and leaves from choy sum and pak choy. Cut stems and leaves into 3cm lengths. Set aside.
- Place coconut milk, ginger and lemongrass in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add choy sum and pak choy stems. Cover. Cook for 2 minutes or until almost tender. Add choy sum leaves, pak choy leaves and baby corn. Cook, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and onion. Toss to combine. Remove and discard ginger and lemongrass. Serve.