Cauliflower Paneer Bhurji ( Healthy Subzi Recipe)
Recipe type: Curries
A versatile subzi that can be served with whole wheat breads, rotis, parathas or rice.
- To Be Ground Into A Paste
- 3 green chillies
- 4 to 6 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 12 ginger (adrak)
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2 cardamoms
- 6 to 8 peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Other Ingredients
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 tsp oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ cup crumbled low-fat paneer
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Peel and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the ground paste and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, turmeric powder and ½ cup of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for about 10 to 12 minutes or till the cauliflower is tender, while stirring occasionally in between.
- Remove the lid and stir for 2 to 3 minutes so all the water dries up.
- Add the paneer and mix well.
- Add the prepared tomato purée and salt and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.