Jeera aloo or aloo jeera recipe
Recipe type: Curries
- 5-6 medium size potatoes, boiled
- 1 and half tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- ¾ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 green chili, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 3-4 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp oil
- sendha namak/rock salt for taste
- peel the boiled potatoes and cut into cubes.
- in a pan, heat oil.
- add the cumin seeds and let these sizzle in the oil.
- now add the green chilies and fry for a minute.
- add the potato cubes and mix it well with the cumin seeds and chilies.
- sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chili powder and rock salt.
- saute the potatoes for 2-3 minutes.
- add the lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- mix the whole mixture well for a minute.
- serve the jeera aloo hot.