quick paneer tikka recipe
Recipe type: Appetiser
quick paneer tikka – a quick cocktail or mocktail snack with paneer – cottage cheese and bell pepper.
- main ingredients
- 125 to 150 gms paneer or cottage cheese
- 1 small bell pepper – green, red or yellow
- oil for shallow frying or pan frying
- chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves for garnishing (optional)
- for marination:
- 1 to 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste (approx 2-3 garlic + ½ inch ginger crushed to a paste in a mortar-pestle)
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp besan or gram flour
- a pinch or two pinches of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ajwain or carom seeds, coarsely crushed in a mortar-pestle
- ¼ tsp red chili powder or as required
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala or as required
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ to 1 tsp lemon juice or as required
- salt as required
- cut the paneer and bell pepper in cubes or small squares.
- mix all the ingredients listed under marination well.
- add the paneer and bell pepper and to this mixture and mix well so that the cubes are evenly coated.
- skewer the paneer and bell pepper cubes alternately on toothpicks.
- heat oil for shallow frying in a kadai or pan till medium hot.
- add the skewered paneer tooth pics in the oil and shallow fry till light golden and crisp.
- don’t fry a lot as the paneer cubes will become dense.
- fry the paneer tikka in batches.
- drain on kitchen paper napkins.
- whiles serving sprinkle some chaat masala & black salt & lemon juice along with chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves on the paneer tikka.
- serve paneer tikka hot with mint yogurt chutney or even tomato sauce.
the spices can be adjusted as per your requirements.