Avocado brunch platters
Recipe type: Breakfast
Fresh ricotta and creamy avocado are laced with lemon juice and fresh herbs for a special occasion brunch.
- 450g wedge fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large avocados, halved, deseeded, peeled
- 4 small vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices sourdough bread, chargrilled
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place ricotta on prepared tray. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon sea salt. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: Combine oil, lemon juice, sugar, chives and basil in a jug.
- Slice ricotta into 4 wedges. Divide ricotta, avocado and tomato between plates. Drizzle avocado and ricotta with dressing. Season avocado and tomato with pepper and remaining sea salt. Serve with toast.