Cheesy Moong Sandwich
Recipe type: Breakfast
Bite into the Cheesy Moong Sandwich prepared by placing the cooked moong dal sprouts and cheese in between the slices of bread. Enjoy the sandwich plain or grilled with chutney.
- 8 brown bread slices
- 1½ cups (250 gms) sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 2 medium sized potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 3 tbsp grated processed cheese
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper (kalimirch) powder
- butter for brushing on slices
- Mix sprouts, fine cubed potatotes, chopped onions, green chillies, grated cheese, chopped corriander, salt and pepper.
- Brush the inside of the bread slices with butter.
- Divide the sprouts mix into 4 portions.
- Place 1 portion of the mix on a buttered side of the bread slice.
- Cover with the other slice, buttered side inside.
- Lightly brush with butter the outside of the sandwhich.
- Grill till golden brown.
- Cut into small triangles and serve hot with green corriander chutney and tomato sauce.