Chuki Moong Dal
Recipe type: Breakfast
It is made very fast and easy to cook
- 2 cups moong dal (split green gram)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2 bayleaf
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 4 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 3 cardamoms
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- oil as required
- salt to taste
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker, add the asafoetida, mustard seeds ,bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and saute for few minutes till it becomes slight brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, dried mango powder,coriander powder,garam masala, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and mix well.
- Add soaked and drained moong dal, mix well and add add 1-1/2 cup water and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.